Roxane Wilson was born in Durban, South Africa, to an Italian mother and an English father whom themselves were actors. Destined for a life in the entertainment industry Roxane knew from the earliest of age she wanted to be an actor. In 1973 her family moved to Australia via London where they spend several years in Sydney touring with her stepfathers band "The Deltones". After a couple of years in the Sydney, her family decided to put show business on hold to devote themselves to raising their family. This decision saw the family moved to Eungai Creek, on the New South Wales mid-north coast, where they ran a 50-acre organic vegetable farm. For Roxane this was an idyllic lifestyle that meant when she wasn't at school, she was exploring the bush, camping, swimming in creeks, and horseriding.
At 14 Roxane and her family moved back to Sydney to pursue her passion for acting. She joined The Rocks Players drama school, paying for her tuition with money she was earning from a highly lucrative modelling career. After four years of prolific modelling work in Australia, Roxane was perused by prestigious Parisian modelling agency Elite and world famous Wilhelmina's in New York. With her desire for acting still strong, Roxane chose to go to New York with Wilhelmina's where she spent the next three years travelling the world modelling as well as continuing her acting training at the famous HB studio in New York and in the Meisner Technique as well as further drama training with Robert Modaka.
In 1991, after returning to Australia, Roxane left the modelling industry to devote herself to acting and it wasn't long before she was cast as the lead female role in the Nine Network's ‘Family and Friends'. When the show finished Roxane moved to Perth to study theatre at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts. After graduating, she returned to Sydney where she has worked extensively in theatre, film and television.
She had feature roles in plays including Noel Coward's PRIVATE LIVES, PRACTICAL MAMET, Edward Albee's FINDING THE SUN and FREAK WINDS, a new Australian play by Marshall Napier.
Roxane is best known to audiences through her work in ‘Water Rats', ‘Stingers' and ‘The Alice'.
• Punishment (2008) ... Marie Rogen
• The Alice (22 episodes, 2005-2006)... Ellie Delaney
• The Alice (2004) (TV)... Ellie Delaney
• Stingers (69 episodes, 2000-2002... Daniella Mayo
• BeastMaster (1 episode, 2000)...Atlanta
• A Once Smiling Woman (2000)... Girl in Shop
• Erskineville Kings (1999) .... Lady
• True Colours (1999)
• Water Rats .... Suzi Abramovich / ... (6 episodes, 1998-1999)
• Change of Heart (1999) (as Roxanne Wilson) .... Anne
... aka A Change of Heart (Australia: cable TV title)
• The Day Neil Armstrong Walked on the Moon (1999) (as Roxanne Wilson)
• Murder Call .... Kristen Charlton (1 episode, 1998)
• Wildside .... Marilyn O'Connor (1 episode, 1998)
• Reflections (1998/I) .... Helen Stacey
• Big Sky .... Robbie Manning (13 episodes, 1997)
• Police Rescue.... Tessa (1 episode, 1996)
• Echo Point (1995) TV series (as Roxanne Wilson) .... Coral O'Connor
• Family and Friends (1990) TV series (as Roxanne Wilson) .... Jennifer Chandler